Do you love the game Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR)? Many users are a fan of this game. But is your game experience being hampered by the Swtor error code C7? Many gaming fraternities have reported the occurrence of this error which causes the game to crash completely. But what is runtime error C7 and how can we solve it? We’ll help you out with that. Read along.
What is Swtor error code C7?
Swtor Error Code C7 derives its name from the game, Star Wars: The Old Republic, hence the error is named after it. This error means that the code did not work at the time being and comes across as an annoying notification disrupting game-play. It is caused due to glitches or malfunction of graphics driver in the game runtime and running of incompatible programs at the same time as gameplay.
How to solve Swtor error code C7?
Solution 1: Close any conflicting programs
- The first way is to close any programs that tend to conflict with the performance of the game.
- Go to the Task Manager and click on the Processes tab.
- Now stop the running programs one by one.
- Now try opening the game and playing to see if the error occurs or not.
Solution 2: Reinstall your graphics driver
Most of the time, the issue is with the graphics card. In this case, you have to reinstall the graphics card driver to resolve it.
- Go to the control panel and find the Device Manager.
- There click on the graphics card driver and uninstall it.
- Then go to the web browser and download the graphics card driver. If you have both Intel and Nvidia graphics on your system, then first download and install the driver for the Intel graphics chipset and then the Nvidia one.
- Now restart your system and enjoy your game.
Solution 3: Update your antivirus protection
- Although this one is a hack rather than an appropriate solution, we’ve seen users benefit from it. You can download the latest update for your antivirus program and install it. Then do a complete scan of your system. With this, any conflicting programs or malware that may affect your gameplay will be taken care of.