In the age of cloud computing setting up a personal cloud to serve your all kind of media every where you go. It saves a lot of time and you won’t go out of space.
Air Playit is a free audio/video streaming app to stream your video & audio collections from your desktop or iTunes library to your iPhone, iPad. It acts a personal cloud for you to let you watch unlimited videos on the go
With this app, it allows your phone and desktop to communicate with each other. It consists of two parts, Air Playit Server on your desktop, and the client app on your iPhone or iPad. They are connected via WiFi, 3G and 4G network.
You can download the server and client app at: http://www.airplayit.com
What Airplayit can do?
1. Support streaming all 1080P/1080i HD videos to your iPhone iPad, such as MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC and MOD.
2. Support regular videos including MPEG1/2, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM/RMBV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WTV, WebM.
3. Support multi-audio tracks video and let you choose any language in the video file.
4. Automatically cache all music files to the Download Library inside your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
5. Adjust video/audio quality and resolution for each video individually.
6.Choose and adjust default video/audio quality, resolution and FPS for different network connection type including local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G to get the highest video viewing effect.
7. Automatically list the recent played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
8. Specify permissions to the shared folders. Three permission levels are available: Admin, Kids and Public.
9. Resume downloading at breaking-point. If you already started downloading the video, Air PlayIt can remember and lets you choose whether to download from where you left off, or to start over.
10. Option to remotely power off your computer after finishing watching.
How to use AirPlayit ?
Step One: Launch the Air Playit Server on your PC or Mac. Click the “Add Folder” to add the videos you want to watch into the Shared Folders.
Step Two: Run the App Client on your iPad/iPad2. The App Client will automatically search the Server installed on your PC/Mac via local/remote WiFi or 3G/4G network. If the server can’t be found, you can manually add the Server IP address or close the firewall for a try.
* Setting up a remote connect, please visit Air Playit Forum to help you out.
Step Three: Download the client app on your iPhone, Add the server, select the videos you want to watch by click Play. Even the format is not supported by your iPhone, it can also be playback for its live conversion function.
*If you want to speed up the playback or download AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV, etc video, please click offline conversion first, after it finished. You can find the videos in the Air Target. Then you can download to local devices.
Detailed guide for how to use Air Playit, please visit: http://www.airplayit.com/user-guide.htm