If you have been seeing this on your PC under the device manager and don’t know what to do about it, then we’ll help your sort it out. PCI-to-PCI Bridge is one of the devices that is enlisted in the Device Manager. But a lot of users have no idea about it and it keeps on annoying them time and again. Here’s how you can solve the issue. Read along.
This is not necessarily an issue but is merely a device that needs a driver update. Once you update the drivers the annoying notifications will go away. This is enlisted in the other devices drop-down of the Device Manager in your PC. We’ll help you guide through the update down below.
Solution 1: Update the driver from Device Manager
- Click on the start button and open the control panel.
- Click on the Hardware and Sound and find the Device Manager there.
- Once the Device Manager is opened, browse through the list of devices and find the PCI-to-PCI Bridge.
- Then right-click on it and select the option ‘Update Driver;
- You will be prompted with a dialog box. Select the option of automatically search for the updated device driver.
- Your Windows will automatically detect the updated drivers and will complete the process.
Note: You can also access Device Manager by opening the Run box and typing devmgmt.msc in it rather than going through the control panel.
Solution 2: Manually update the driver
You can also manually update your driver if you want. Follow these steps for this:
- Search for the drivers online.
- Download the package and extract it.
- Now install the package and complete the process.
- Your device driver will be updated.
Note: When you download the drivers from online sites, always make sure to scan the files before installing. Also, look for authentic sites for the drivers to ensure complete safety.