This has become an inherent issue seen by printer users recently. We here look into the ways to solve it.
What is the Issue?
The issue is with the printer where the user gets an additional page printed with the below-mentioned message once they have printed any file:
Get DEVMgmt DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1
How to Solve the Issue?
The issue can be solved with ease and requires just a few steps. Here’s how to do it:
For a Windows 7 Operating System
Step 1: Change the settings
- Click on the Start button
- Select on Device and Printers and right-click on the Print Driver.
- Now select on the Printer Properties.
- Click on the Advanced button and select the Separator Page.
- There click on Clear space and select Okay.
Step 2: Change the settings in the Printer
- Click on the Start button and select Device and Printers.
- Now find your printer in the list and click on it.
- Select the option Printer Properties from the list.
- Then proceed to open the Device Settings tab from the list.
- There you’ll find Printer Status Notification under the Installable option.
- Click on the Printer Status Notification and set it to Disabled.
- Now close the print driver settings.
- Print a page and see if the error is resolved or not.
For Windows 8/10
The solution remains the same albeit with a change in a few steps. You need to go to Control Panel and Hardware and Sound options from the Start button. There you can find the options for Devices. The rest of the steps follow suit.
Things to remember
This issue is generally seen with the HP printers and the solution aforementioned is suited to HP CP2025 or P20x5 models. However, it can also work for other variants and products if such an issue is presented over.