Adobe Acrobat is one of the best software for editing and creating PDF files. But sometimes the best also has some issues. This one has been prone to throw this message of ‘Acrobat failing to connect to a DDE server’ time and again. Here’s how you can solve it.
Solution 1: Reinstall a new edition of Adobe Acrobat
The first way to solve this one is to update your software. Follow these steps.
- Click on the start button and open the Run app. You can also simply select the Windows key + R simultaneously for this.
- Next, enter appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog box and select Ok. You can also open this by going into the control panel and selecting the Programs header.
- Then a page with a list of programs will appear. Click on Adobe Acrobat and right-click to uninstall it.
- Now download the new edition of the program from Adobe’s site.
Solution 2: Turn off your antivirus program
The DDE error may occur due to conflict with the antivirus program too. For this, just open your antivirus program and turn it off. Now try to run the Adobe Acrobat and see if the error persists. If the error is gone, then the issue is with the conflict in the antivirus program.
Solution 3: Repair Adobe Acrobat
You can also repair the software and see if the errors are resolved. For this, follow these steps:
- Click on the start button and open the Run app.
- Now type the command appwiz.cpl in the box. A list of the program will open.
- There double click on the Adobe Acrobat.
- You will be prompted with a dialog box with two suggestions of either repairing it or removing it.
- Select the repair option and follow the procedure.
- Your Adobe Acrobat will be repaired and the issue will be resolved.