Intel PROSet Wireless software is a suite that includes a host of features. The program is part of the automatic detection of the wireless access points that can be connected with the adapter preferences. This suite helps to detect the access points, enhance the sign-on, and more. But quite a few users have reported the issue of this suite slowing down your system. We here take a look at it and look to find the solution for the “Intel PROSet Wireless Software Slowing Down Computer” .
Intel PROSet Wireless Software and the Issue
This sees a host of programs that includes around 175 files. Most of the files are designated to cater towards wireless connections in the computer. All these files can become cumbersome at times and may lag or slow down your system. So should you remove it, then? Here’s your answer.
Removing the Intel PROSet Wireless Software
You can remove the program by simply uninstalling them. Find the steps down below for it:
For Windows Vista/7/8/10
- Click on the start button.
- Search for the control panel and open it.
- Then click on the Programs heading and proceed to click on Uninstall a program.
- There you will find a list of programs.
- Scroll down and find Intel PROSet Wireless Wi-Fi.
- Click on the same and you will be prompted for uninstalling the program.
- Follow the steps and the program along with its suite of features will be removed.
Note: For Windows XP, you can open the control panel, you will see the header Program. There you can find the option ‘Add or Remove Programs’ instead of Uninstall a Program. The rest of the steps are similar to the above. So you can remove the program from your Windows XP.
Removing the program will resolve the issue and stop your computer from slowing down. We hope the solution helped you out.