This is an inherent issue occurring in the HP printers lately. Thankfully it can be resolved with just a few steps. Let’s check out.
Step 1: Delete the existing print jobs
- The first step to resolve this issue is to delete the existing queue of printing in the device. Just open your printer device from your computer by clicking on the printer icon placed at the bottom right-hand corner. Then right-click on it to open the queue. Proceed to delete all the print jobs in the list.
Step 2: Print any test page
- The next way is to print a test page to see if the error pops up again. For this simply, power off the printer and disconnect the cables connecting the printer to the computer. Then power on your printer. Try to print a test page. If the page is printed then your error was due to the print queue which is resolved now.
Step 3: Disable any advance options
If the aforementioned steps couldn’t solve the issue, then it’s time to go through this one.
- Open the Windows Logo printers and choose the print queue.
- Next up left click on the same. Then choose the Printing preference in it.
- Now you can choose the advance option from it.
- Navigate to the document option and select the Advance Printing Features.
- There click on it to disable it.
- Once that’s done, try printing a test page to see if the error has been resolved.
Step 4: Update your firmware
The last way to resolve this issue is by updating your printer’s firmware. This can be done by flashing and updating. Follow these steps:
- Switch on your printer and print a test page.
- Now check the firmware revision of the printer.
- There click on the select button and press the down button. This will highlight the information menu for you.
- Now look for the print configuration option. Once found, print a test page. The test page will contain the firmware details.
- Now click on the start button and select the Run app.
- Proceed to type CMD in the box and click on OK.
- Then go to the root directory with the firmware path. Press enter to proceed.
- There copy this code /B *.RFU LPT1 on the command prompt box.
- This will update the firmware for you.